|1) The new semester of the Chinese School will start on September 6th after the Labor Day weekend.
2) Regarding the tickets for 2014 Carolinians Mid-Autumn Moon Festival (see the previous annoucement and the information below), at CSCH, Xuezhong Cai can help you order ticket as well. here is the process:
i). make a reservation on the spreadsheet in this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BDD1sLdeIIdY0CkQ0eyyQEmu1lrlJGjkCiBtsKFPZ_I/edit#gid=0
ii). if you make a reservation in August, you can make a payment and pick up your tickets at Xuezhong's house around 8/31/2014. He will send you an email when it comes closer. If you make a reservation in September, you can make a payment and pick up your tickets at CSCH on 9/6/2014.
Chinese Folk Song, Music and Dance - Celebration of the 2014 Carolinians Mid-Autumn Moon Festival
On September 8, 2014, the Chinese Mid-Autumn Moon Festival will again be upon us. On this day, Chinese family members come together to eat moon cake as they express each other’s love by moonlight. This year, folks are invited from China to be with us to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival. Singers Zhu Sha, Zhao Jing, Xie Biao,Tan Ming, Buren Bayaer and top Chinese idols will come to the US for a series of shows at Chicago, Chapel Hill, and Boston. We are honored to have them bring us their original, authentic folk songs that represent different regions of China and today’s most popular hit songs in China. The peaceful grace of Buren Bayaer’s voice will whisk us away to the beautiful prairie of inner Mongolia. The Chinese idols will rock the stage with their dynamic, beautiful voices. The show also includes Chinese authentic dance and music. Our local talents will interact with them during the show.
Come join the fun!
Time： Sunday 3:00pm – 5:00pm, Sept. 7, 2014
Place：UNC Memorial Hall
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
114 East Cameron Avenue, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Tickets: $15, $18, $25, $30
10% Off for CAFA members, Students, Senior(62+), Children(under12) by using ID
20% Off purchase tickets before August 31, 2014
Ticket sale locations:
1) The office of [The China Press Weekly]: 1253-K Buck Jones Road, Raleigh, NC 27606
2) The box office of UNC Memorial Hall (919) 843-3333: 114 East Cameron Ave, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
3) All Chinese Schools: RACL, CaryCH, CSCH
4) Liming Global Mart (919) 401-5212: 3400 Westgate Dr. Durham, NC 27707
5) A & C Supermarket 美亚超市 (919) 232-2288：3210 S. Wilmington St., Raleigh, NC 27603
6) Online Ticket:
www.memorialhall.unc.edu/ ($8 fee per-order online)
Asian Culture Center
The China Press
NC Chinese American Friendship Association （NC CAFA）
The China Press Weekly Carolinas Readership Club
Media: The China Press Weekly Carolinas Edition